Saturday, October 28, 2006

Random Rehearsal Shots.

Citing the blog as an excuse to do so, I purchased a new camera yesterday. Aside from the fact that my old one was literally falling apart every day in my bag, I wanted something that I could change up manually and capture movement better than before. Here are the first few shots that I took while playing around on the stage today. No fancy captions this time, just good old fashioned blog indulgence.
If you click on any of the photos they will become larger so you can actually see everything!

(Marcelo and Blaine get their aerobic work for the day with a little "Upper Room" reviewing. I attempted to create the smoke but my mind couldn't make it happen.)


(This is a picture from "Meadow" rehearsal that I enjoy because I feel like it captures the aura of piece perfectly. Fluid and ethereal, existing both planted in the ground and floating in the air, it's a really beautiful piece.)


(A shot of David and Stella rehearsing the goosebump inducing pas from "Meadow." It's a lesson in "how did he dream that up" type of choreography that has to be seen to be believed.)

I don't know if it is this way for everyone but I am eternally in love theaters. Everything about them has always fascinated me. As I child I think I would have been happier running around backstage than just about anywhere else. It still is an overwhelming feeling sitting on stage during rehearsals and looking out at the empty theater. I am always reminded of old MGM movies musicals about backstage life ala "Kiss Me Kate." It's easy to take things like this for granted sometimes but every once in a while I remember the kid in myself and allow him to get giddy.....even if just for a minute. Then it's back to my "too cool for school" attitude. Just kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home