Thursday, August 24, 2006

Surprises.


It's amazing how some people from your past show up and surprise you. I was out for my last night in Montana tonight and had one of the best times I have had here in a long time. I met up with some friends of mine from middle school that I hadn't seen since 8th grade graduation. I realized that I had nothing to fear when it comes to my sexuality and my friends.

Ever since I have been a child and moved away to NCSA I have always been conscious of the way that people that I grew up with think of me. Sometimes there is this heightened sense of fear when it comes to the way that they will react to the fact that I am gay. Most of that stems from being in Montana but part of it is within me all the time. Tonight I hung out with a few great guys from my childhood and realized that I have nothing to fear. At a certain point people realize that humans are humans and we are all the same. At least you can hope that they do. In Montana I always expect the worst but when I am surprised it means so much more. I have a huge smile on my face as I sit here and realize that friendships that I made when I was younger ARE important and every person that I knew makes an impact on my life. I just want to thank these guys for surprising me.....there is nothing better.

CHANGE YOUR LINKS!!!! http://rantingdetails.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Nelson said...

Yes, I can relate to the negative effects of growing up queer in a small, conservative place. It can be a remarkable strain on the psyche -- perhaps one that is never fully recovered from. Be well, and well you'll be.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home