Monday, August 21, 2006

Wonder Boy.


Michael and I have been pining away at this song for the past few days and here is the WORLD PREMIERE! After I finally got a chance to take a break from choreographing we jumped at the chance to sit down together. Unfortunately Michael is heading out of town tomorrow (and I have to get my ass back into the dance studio to record EVERY part of the 13 person snow scene I have made) so this is all we have of the song so far. We started working on it separately but got some good rewriting done together here in Missoula. It's always a different feeling collaborating with someone but I was so excited to be able to get into a practice room and throw around some ideas.

For me, I always feel like Michael's music is so far superior to my lyrics (I am in NO WAY fishing for compliments here, just being honest) so I always get excited by the way he pushes me to improve my own work. We did a little late night recording session in my house today. As you can see from the pictures (above doing his best Christina Aguilera impression) Michael headed into the "recording booth" aka the bathroom to blast out the vocals. I wrote the lyrics and am somewhat happy (I'm hardly EVER satisfied with things I create) with what we have so far. I am having a hard time with the section that comes after what we have recorded. I hope that people enjoy it! Even though a work in progress, it has been teaching me so much about working together as well as writing lyrics. I tend to be more general and metaphoric rather than specific like I would like to be, but we all have to start somewhere!

CHANGE YOUR LINKS! http://rantingdetails.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home