Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Songs YOU need to download. 8/23/06


During my time home I have had a handful of songs that I have been trying to push on everyone. I am certified "music whore" and find myself continuously downloading anything new that might be remotely interesting, not a good idea. The majority of the time I end up getting stuff that I like one or two songs on and I might as well have fed the remaining money to my dog. Since music is so important to me though, I can't really stop exploring and these are my favorites at the moment.

"Goodbyes"-Kelis
So some of you may look at the name and think "oh shit, that annoying girl that sang "Milkshake?" To that I say....GET OVER IT. The rest of Kelis' last CD was incredible and while this new one isn't QUITE as good there are a couple of fun R&B Songs.

"Save Me From Myself"-Christina Aguilera

"On Our Way"-Christina Aguilera
The new CD is out and while some of it is good a lot of it is just so oversung! I get angry that she can't seem to understand what the word restraint means. When she doesn't sound like she is getting electrocuted (which can still be pretty fun sounding) it's just so much better. "Save Me From Myself" is a great song that demonstrates how much better she is when she takes a Xanax.

"14th Street"-Rufus Wainwright
As I sit here wearing my Rufus at Carnegie Hall shirt I thought it would be fitting if I included one of his songs. This is one of my favorites off of the "Want One" CD which still ranks as one of my all time favorite CD's.

"When I Was A Young Girl"-Feist
Love the bareness of the instrumentation on this track. Yet another incredible one from her album.

"Snow"-Nutcracker
Now as beautiful as the music is, I want everyone to download this and play it 800 times so they can understand how weird/annoying it gets to have to hear Nutcracker in August. As much as I love it and have been enjoying it while choreographing, I'm kind of at the end of dealing with it.

So that's all for now! It ended up being a little more pop oriented this time. Hope you enjoy some of them.
NEW WEBSITE! CHANGE YOUR LINKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home