Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lazy Post of the Day. The 'Sister'hood.


I buy a lot of music. As much as my Razor plan from last year insisted that I CUT THAT HABIT off as fast as a limb with gangrene, I just couldn't ever part with it. Impulse buys often lead to lots of music that I seldom listen to but occasionally I will stumble on a group that really sticks out. To me that happened with "Scissor Sisters" a few years ago when I was snooping around on iTunes. I read about how they were a huge hit in the U.K. and with a little click of the mouse found that their album was online before it was in the stores. From the minute I purchased it until today it still ranks as one of my favorites in my collection. One of those rare CD's that you can listen to all the way through without hesitation.

I frantically tried to push this band on all of my friends and while some of them took to it, the majority acted like the rest of the U.S., with sluggish disapproval. It's been a few years since their debut came out and they are back with their new single "I Don't Feel Like Dancing." Upon first listen I wasn't as hooked as I had hoped but now I can't seem to stop playing it. The "Scissor Sisters" are gay in every sense of the word. They are lighthearted and carefree, just making you want to dance and in the other sense have about three gay members which is always nice to see in a successful band. Regardless of orientation though, they just make good FUN music.

I won't pretend to know what they are doing in this new video, or what drugs they were on while making it for that matter, but just sit back, watch, listen and enjoy. Then go buy the album! It can take you from being in a horrible mood like I was fifteen minutes ago, to being happy, just like that. If that's not an endorsement then I don't know what is.
GO TO THE NEW SITE!!!! THE RANTING DETAILS! CHANGE YOUR LINKS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word. Fell in love with the group a while back and tried to get my friends to like them too. They pretty much looked at me like I had three heads. Props to you for understanding how great they are!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home