Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Pumpkins Have Arrived....


Well its not Halloween but ABT was taken over by giant pumpkins today. Rehearsals are in full swing for the new(ish) production of Cinderella that we will be debuting at the Met this year. Its been fairly laborious learning it but it has done one main thing for me and that is that it makes me itch to choreograph. Witnessing a slightly more modern take on a ballet plants some seeds in my head about what I would like to do someday. Just thought I would take a pic today to show the lunacy taking place as the clock chimes.

I am still learning so much about how to push the choreography out of my brain and into the world. I will be lying in bed at night and suddenly a surge will take over my brain and I will see something and then the next minute is gone. How am I supposed to work with that? Can't my mind slow down at some point, just a little bit? It's like trying to catch fireflies.....flickering one minute and then darkness the next. My new goal with the choreography is to get some sort of skeleton of a piece ready by next fall when we are (supposedly) having a showing at LIU for the ABT/LIU students. Chances of that actually materializing are rare but it helps to have some sort of deadline set in my mind.

This week is national "turn off your TV" week. So who wants to join me in attempting this? It has been pointed out VARIOUS times to me that I watch FAR too much television so I think this could be a good thing for me. Now I might have to cheat with movies....but as far as actual television shows go, from here until next Monday I am quitting. I wonder how long I will last.

1 Comments:

Blogger mmonk said...

i love the cinderella performance!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home