Friday, April 07, 2006

OLD Discovery....


I have been working on backing up my computer files and I found this old piece of writing I did about two years ago. Its kind of funny looking at it now and thinking about what prompted this as well as all of my other writing. I love being able to hear a song, read a book, smell something, see anything and the synapses start popping and your memory is there of something you never would have though of otherwise. This is the most "salvagable" of any of the old stuff...not that any of it is much good but I thought I might share it anyways. Really basic rhyming structure, but kind of gets my point across. Funny shit. YIKES sometimes I get SOOOOO dramatic. AHHHHH! Some of it I like okay, some of it I HATE! I always get so OVERLY long in my shit.....I need to trim it all down, cut the fat out of my mind. Also included another of my favorite Munch paintings. Beautiful.


After how many years of failed relationships
You still cannot judge the person standing in front of you
You look at me and all you see is a body
You don’t realize that I may be somebody
That you could have by your side
To help you to guide
Your life to a new level
Help you out of this disheveled
State of being
It’s worth seeing
Learn from your mistakes
And I promise you wont make the wrong decision
I could be a vision
Of the one you wanted
And even if I’m not,
Write my name on the dot-
Ted line
Another person committing the crime
Of being unable to change your mind.

Let me be the one to change you
Let me be the one to rearrange you
Let me show you how great love can be
Just so you can see
That with me you’ll be
Open, Loving and free.
Because I’m wanting so badly
To show you how
Wanting to hold you
Till you say “wow”
This is just what I wanted
A person who loves me
Just what I wanted
Somebody who cares
Till you say wow
This is just such a comfort
I’ve been caught unaware
Of just how much I care
And you better beware
Because people can change.

I’ve lived here for years now
And we’ve grown so close
I have seen all of the boyfriends
As they come and they go
While some were so nice,
They didn’t last long
Because none of your relationships
Were you able to prolong.
Give us a new life
Prolong it till the end
Because you and I both know
That we are much more than just friends.
I’ve dealt with this in my mind
Since the day I first met you
I can see that there is something inside you as well
That is wondering what would happen
If we took the chance and fell.
So if we do,
Who cares?
We would have given it our best shot
But don’t deny me the love that we have for each other
Just on the off chance it might not end up that well.

I’ve been sitting on the sidelines
For much longer than I wish I had
I should have spoken up long ago
And risked being extremely sad
Because even though I love you like this
And I always will
There is another part of our relationship that I want to fulfill.
Let me be the one to change you,
Let me be the one to rearrange you
Let me in like you want to
If we get hurt,
We’ll do it together
But don’t keep pushing me away,
Because you wont find anything better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home