Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spontaneous Debauchery


Last night was a night that I know will stick in my memory forever. Since I have lived in New York there have been countless party nights hauling it around the city, but they tend to all blur together and while fun, don't create a very lasting impact. For a while now I have been trying to work on being more spontaneous with my actions and last night was all about the spontaneity. It started with Marcello calling to see if I wanted to hang out, and ended up being a crazy night out taking the city by storm (or so we all thought) with him and David. I experienced gay sub-cultures that I would never have seen otherwise and realized how much stuff there is going on in this city 24/7 that I will never hear or see anything about. Between the gay-Asian bar (gasian) and the leather daddy bar....I have had enough fetishes for a while now, but I haven't danced or laughed like that in so long. What was it about the night that was so great? I can't even pinpoint it; sometimes I really feel like all of the elements align and everything just clicked into place. The world feels like it is at your fingertips and you don't have any cares other than what is going on right then and there. The great thing is that while the alcohol was a definite aid, I know I would have had a blast without it. So often I am clouding my experiences with elements of thought that I need to or should at least try to relax about and when I finally let them go last night I realized how much you can just enjoy being in the present.

I took over 70 pictures to document the night, but this is my favorite one. In the cab on the way to the first bar, just enjoying. It should always be as easy as that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home