Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Miracle....


I don't know how it happened but my home state of Montana stepped up big time this Tuesday. I didn't think it was possible that Montana would end up playing such an important role in handing the Democrats a bit of power but all I can say is HOORAY! Of course some credit belongs to the Virginians too for being the ultimate decision maker but I want to focus on good 'ole MT. As well as the American people for making good decisions all around in this election. Sometimes you blink and things have begun to shift.

Montana: I'll be back there in a few weeks for the holidays and performing in the Nutcracker. Even though I will be surrounded by a lot of Republicans it helps to know the the liberals are coming out of the woodwork. One more hooray! Even Blinky Palermo couldn't have called this one.

Speaking of going back and dancing....things are well underway with my choreography for the Snow Pas. Like the beginning of any creation it is rough around the edges at the moment but I am staying positive. It's difficult to make myself part of the painting and be holding the brush at the same time. I keep trying to watch in the mirror to see how things look and end up abandoning my partner. "Oops...there's Jackie off spinning by herself, perhaps I should catch her?" I am attempting to find the layers of the music in my choreography this time rather than present the melody. It's difficult for me to explain what I want to my partner and sometimes I feel it's as if I'm trying to make an orchestra play without a conductor. I need to get better at executing my ideas with someone else. Jackie is exhibiting wonderful compassion and patience when helping me create this piece I just need to not forget about partnering her. Videos coming soon....

Watching Pedro Almodovar's movie "Volver" the other day made me realize that with a lot of art its about placing together a series of pretty pictures with an emotional thread. His movies are always dazzling to watch but somehow it transcends that pure beauty by becoming something you are a part of as well. He as a director mirrors what I like to see in choreographers; taking a familiar structure and putting a new twist on it. While many things have been done before, there is always a way for an individual to put their stamp on it. And boy that Penelope Cruz can produce tears as well as she can produce cleavage. Why do I have this fascination with screen cryers? Perhaps the vulnerability?

Speaking of vulnerable, one last HOORAY for Montana making the Republicans a bit more so. That's all for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home