Monday, May 08, 2006

Catcher In The OC


So being bored backstage will lead people to do things that never would have come to life otherwise. For me this week sitting backstage at Sylvia (which you are currently looking at a picture of) I decided to make a picture website to go along with my blog. Its mainly just a collection of photo's from the past years in NYC but there are some other ones thrown in there as well. I am going to attempt to update it as much as possible so you can all have copies of the pictures.

Along with creating that website I managed to read "The Catcher In the Rye". Something in me has been craving to read classic books recently (1984, Scarlet Letter, Candide) and while I found Catcher to be amazingly written, I cannot decide if I think it is that because I have been told it was that or whether I made that opinion on my own. I think I am mostly just amazed at how well Salinger turned his voice into a completely believable adolescence. As one girl in the musicians lounge said to me "I just relate to it so well" and that is what we are all finding when we read it. A little part of all of us is Holden Caulfield. I am always amazed at how someone can make such a convincing and engaging prose out of a mere three days or so. Still I just wasn't transformed into one of the devout followers. Like Daniel said though, I love where the title comes from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonimo said...

Hi. I like your blog. I saw your post on ATC. I thought you might enjoy this short history of dance video that someone sent me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home