Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Creepy? Totes.


Unless you have been under a rock for the past couple of years you have probably been attacked by a "Kidz Bop" commercial on TV at some point. Now, anything that spells "s" words with "z's" is automatically on my shit-list but there is something so uber-creepy about this line of CD's I had to check it out.

In my avoidance of anything out of my apartment today, I have been searching iTunes looking for fun new music to buy. Well in the "Recommended for You" section they had "KidZ Bop 10" at the top of the list. Now, I don't know what CD's they think I have been buying, but I guarantee that none of them fall into this genre of music. I don't even know what genre that is, but being the eager buyer that I am I decided to give these thirty second clips a little listening to just for fun. Well you look at the song list on this new one and automatically are kind of confused. Wait....kids, pardon me, kidZ singing such songs as "You're Beautiful," "Because of You," and "Be Without You"......what?! The song clips are usually an adult karaoke superstar singing the majority with the kids chanting in the back like some pack of brainwashed pack of animals. Maybe since they are kidZ and not just normal kids they are mature enough to be singing about broken hearts, domestic violence and longing for lovers? That "Z" must hold some special power. Wish I could have been part of these kidZ when I was merely just a kid. Hmmm....something about this is just too creepy to me. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home