Monday, July 24, 2006

Songs YOU need to download. 7/24/06


Just another entry in my ongoing attempt to force people to listen to music! Some of these on this list are really incredible songs though, so if you can't afford to buy them....find a way to download them!

"I'm On Fire"-Bruce Springsteen
This song was used in Ohad Naharin's eclectic piece "Telophaza" which I saw over the weekend. It rolls along just like the "freight train running through the middle of my head" that he talks about during the song. It's my new obsession, just wish that I could watch the incredible choreography that accompanied this music. It was another example of someone using pop music to create dance I never could have dreamt of.

"Mushaboom"-Feist
This song just makes me happy, its as simple as that. Her voice just floats and it feels very summer-y.

"Springfield, or Bobby Got a Shadfly Caught in His Hair"-Sufjan Stevens
It seems that none of my lists are complete without a song of Sufjan's. I just got tickets to see him this fall in NYC and I could not be more excited. This song is off of his new CD of outtakes called "The Avalanche" and the way he paints a story is so unique.

"This is That New Song"- Badly Drawn Boy
My friend Caitlin made me a playlist that has this song on it. I have so much music on my ipod that I don't even know about so I love to have other people look through and make a playlist because they always choose music I haven't discovered. It really tells me so much about a person and Caitlin has some incredible taste in music.

"Deja Vu"-Beyonce
Okay, I had to throw one bombastic pop diva song in there. The song is great, the video is awful but it's still entertaining to see Beyonce hump all over Jay Z while he seems completely indifferent. Good work Beyonce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home