Monday, June 26, 2006

Songs YOU need to download. 6/26/06


So its been a while since I have demanded that my readers download some music and I think its time I change that. Of course I use the word demand lightly, I merely SUGGEST that if you want, then you should. Here is what songs are consuming my iPod time backstage at the theater these days. And they just might make you Flashdance like Blaine is in the picture!

"Maneater"-Nelly Furtado
"Say It Right"-Nelly Furtado
Both of those are upbeat club-y songs that are bound to put you in a good mood. So Furtado totally sacrificed most of her integrity with this new CD and it sounds like Gwen-ish pop....but hey I don't mind TOO much.

"Crystal Ball"-Keane
"Broken Toy"-Keane
My favorite songs so far from their new CD.

"Apres Moi"-Regina Spektor
"Hotel Song"-Regina Spektor
"That Time"-Regina Spektor
Regina Spektor is one of those artists that people have been telling me about forever. Well I now officially love her. Kind of a mix between Bjork, Nellie McKay, and Fiona Apple, she has some incredible offbeat lyrics and a really distinct sound. HIGHLY recommended.

"The Man That Got Away"-Judy Garland (live at Carnegie Hall recording)
After seeing Rufus do this concert I have started listening to the original. This version is a stunning version of an incredible song. The emotion in both her and the orchestra is just something you don't hear anymore. Had to throw a classic into the mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home