Sunday, June 25, 2006

We Are the Beggars!


Last night was the final show of "Manon" and while for me it was fairly rough dance wise, it was a blast even so. With a part like beggars, you get to improv and mess around with all of the other people on stage for the majority of the first act. When it comes to the end of the week, doing a part like that usually means its going to be NUTS the last night. Well, it certainly was. Most of all was our frightening make-up which our resident make up guru Tom provided for most of us. Blood, sores, dirt, the whole spectrum of beggar-dom was living on our faces. As Susie, our wig-guru, pointed out....it seems strange that non of us have any dirt or anything on our legs at all...Oops.

Above is a picture of my partner in crime Anne Milewski and I. As the whores come of the boat in the third act the girls do an amazing job at acting completely sick and on the verge of dying. For those of us standing on the sides and having to keep a straight face it is difficult to do so when the girl you are taking care of is a limp noodle in your arms who goes on to die right on the stage. Anne miraculously came back to life last night as the tears of laughter streamed down my cheeks. Incredible. Unprofessional on my part, but incredible. She started pulling her hair out and showing it to me and with that I knew I would have to get a restraining order against her. She just makes me laugh too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger true indigo said...

What a cool blog, I look forward to more of your ranting! Those beggers in the washroom... I think I KNOW one of them. ;)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home