Friday, June 30, 2006

A few more before the Swans dive in.....

Just thought I would share a couple more pictures that I have taken over the past week before "Swan Lake" comes to an end tomorrow night. Seeing as Met is winding down this will probably be the last few weeks of intense amounts of ballet pictures. Here is one that I took that I think adequately captures the insanity going on behind the curtain once "places" has been called.

And yet another picture of the fabulous girls from this gawker in the wings (no pun intended).

Tonight as I stood watching the show (both onstage in act 1 and 3 and offstage in act 2) I was astonished at the beauty of Tchaikovsky's score. There is no other ballet in our rep that I can listen to every single night and get chills from as I stand there. Especially for a ballet that in many ways is as overplayed (okay not QUITE as much) as the Nutcracker. From the solitude and longing of the second act to the fervor and passion of the third and fourth it is really just astounding. Hearing it swell as it is being played by our great orchestra feels like watching the sun rise and set. So as much as the girls are ready to say farewell I will keep enjoying this score....at least for the next 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home