Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lazy Post of the Day. Simple vs. Seizure.

Sitting in a daze this morning, spooning my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, I was suddenly brought out of my coma by the sound of Regina Spektor coming from the TV. It's so nice to see VH1 playing her video in an attempt to get the country aware of this incredible talent. Somehow I have a feeling it will end the same way the "Scissor Sisters" did, where even with VH1 the results were pretty dismal. The whole design of this video is spectacular, of course you can't go too wrong with black and white, but the end is great as well. I cannot wait to see her live next week!

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the new video for Ms. Janet Jackson. I am a huge fan and personally think the whole nipplegate thing is one of many events that our country wasted time on instead of focusing on real issues. However, this video kind of makes me feel like I am having a seizure. She is an incredible dancer, the choreography is great, but you can barely see it in this video. Plus, when you are known for such a huge breast baring scandal, probably not the most tasteful special effect to have your top "miraculously" pop off. But I guess with lyrics such as "I'll open my spot for you, any time you want me to," I shouldn't expect any clothes to be on. I just wish it was a long shot of her and her dancers just doing the choreography! Would be so much better! Does anyone like to view images like a strobe light?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home